- 120 ml Honey
- 40 g Coconut oil
- Salt (a pinch of)
- 340 g Jumbo oats
- 250 g Mixed selection of nuts & seed
- 1 Egg white beaten
- 100 g Chopped Medjool dates or other dry fruit of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 150 °C (gas mark 2) and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Put the coconut oil, honey and salt into a small saucepan, heat gently until the coconut oil has melted. Once melted turn off the heat.
- Place all the dry ingredients (except for the dates or other dry fruit of your choice) into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix all the dry ingredients. Then pour in the honey oil mixture. Mix thoroughly making sure the nuts and seeds are evenly distributed and there is an even coating of the honey oil mixture.
- Beat the egg white until frothy and then pour and mix into the oaty nutty mixture.
- Spread the oaty nutty mixture onto the baking parchment covered baking tray, and pop into the oven for around 25 to 30 minutes.
- Once golden, take out of the oven. With a wooden spoon, gently tap the granola, this will break up the larger crispy pieces into smaller, bitesize crispy nutty clusters.
- Sprinkle on top the chopped Medjool dates or dried fruits of your choice, mix into the granola then transfer into an airtight container.
- The egg white is key to getting the crispy nutty clusters.
- When it comes to the dried fruits, nuts and seeds the choice is yours. What’s so great about making your own homemade granola is that you can experiment with tastes and textures. So go for it!