Maybe you are visiting Paris. Perhaps you are going to visit Disney. Do you want to visit the city itself? Are you looking for something for the kids to do? Can I point you in the direction of Cite des Enfants? I really do think it’s probably the best museum in Paris for kids.
A few weeks ago we had visitors from the UK with their little boy, Mighty M. I love having visitors, it gives us a chance to show off this beautiful city. And friends with kids meant this was our chance to take them to one of our favourite children’s museums in Paris: Cite des Enfants.
Why is Cite des Enfants the best museum in Paris for kids?
Here are just a few reasons why we love Cite des Enfants.
- It’s a fully interactive museum that introduces kids to science in a really fun and cool way
- There are two age groups age 2-7, and 5-12 (we’ve only been the latter)
- All the exhibits are designed for kids and are themed around: body, communication, TV studio, water games, garden and factory
- We couldn’t get the kids away from the TV studio, the rock music school or the how fast can you run exhibit. It really does measure your speed
- The kids had to be dragged away from the large water games exhibit
- Your ticket gives you access to the Argonaute submarine
- The museum is based in the brilliant Parc de la Villette park
- The Parc de la Villette has a kids’ playground, with the amazing 25metre Dragon Slide. I guarantee your kids will love it
- And just next door is the new complex Vill’Up, it boasts a 4D cinema, iFly, Yoo Moov (inter-galactic travel) shops and restaurants to help you make a day of it
Making the most of Cite des Enfants
- Book your tickets in advance and choose your hour-and-half time slot
- We went on a Wednesday morning, during the French school term-time, we had the museum and park to ourselves
- Tickets are 9€ for children and 12€ for adults
- The museum is situated on the edge of Parc de la Villette the nearest Metro stop is Porte de la Villette, line 7
Cite des Enfants: 30 Avenue Corentin Cariou, 75019 Paris
In pictures: Cite des Enfants, probably the best museum in Paris for kids
Save this Pin