I am joining the grassroots rebellion. The rebellion is telling the UK Government that I am pissed off with the proposed school funding cuts. Cuts that will undermine my kids’ education, hinder their academic progress and no doubt drive down standards with life-long consequences.
How does the school funding cuts affect me?
Yes, I live in France. But, we’re moving back to the UK at the end of the summer and my children will go back into the UK school system.
I want my children to go to a local school. A local school that can provide a first class education. I believe my children are entitled to that.
Your local school deserves fair funding
Every school is affected by the proposed school funding cuts.
This amazing tool will show you exactly how much money your school is set to lose and how your school will be affected.
Here’s how you can help to stop the school funding cuts
1. Sign the petition against the school funding cuts
The school funding cuts will devastate our children’s education and will have the inevitable results of:
- Class sizes of up to 40 – overcrowded classes
- Parents contributing to core running costs (in France I have to buy all my kids text books, exercise books and stationery. This adds up to over 300 euros per child each year.)
- School days shortened to save money – increased childcare costs for you
- Cuts to subjects such as music and languages – these are core subjects
Sign the petition here
2. Take your message to the top
The amazing people behind the grassroots campaign Fair Funding For All Schools have created a brilliant set of campaign resources including a letter you can download and send to your MP and the Education Secretary, the Rt Hon Justine Greening.
If you don’t know who your local MP is. You can find out here
And let’s face it, there’s an election rocking up….they want your vote!
3. Take to social media and spread the word.
You can use these hashtags to get your message out:
Grassroots campaigns work!
The grassroots campaign is working because even our the government’s backbenchers are asking their leaders to make a U-turn!
The Tale of Mummyhood