Spring has arrived, and soon it will be time for tennis. If you haven’t secured tickets for this year’s Wimbledon tournament, and you really want to see some world class tennis. Why not think about the Roland Garros French Open 2017, 22 May – 11 June? Tickets go on sale on Wednesday, 22 March 2017. And what’s even better, they put on a whole day just for kids. The super, child-friendly Roland Garros Kids’ Day, Saturday 27 May 2017.
The Roland Garros Kids’ Day 2017
We went last year and our children loved it! And we can’t wait to go back this year.
The Roland Garros Kids’ Day was a brilliant way to get children excited about tennis. The whole complex is open and you’re free to roam around the courts and grounds. With unreserved seating, we dipped in and out of games. Each match was a single set, perfect for kids with shorter attention spans.
If you are an autograph hunter, perfect. This is the day to get your tennis shirt and giant tennis ball signed. The tennis superstars are in a jovial mood, happy to stop and chat and appear in selfies with tennis fans.
Top tips this year’s Roland Garros French Open
Buying your tickets for the Roland Garros French Open 2017
- Open an account in advance of the tickets going on sale (just done mine!)
- Try and get your tickets the day they go on sale, especially if your want to see first-round matches, the cheaper tickets sell out fast
- But I did find there were plenty of tickets for sale in the afternoon and the waiting time was much less
On the day
- Queuing is inevitable, get there as early as you can
- Don’t forget photographic ID – they will check this against your ticket
- You can take snacks and drinks, and there are free water fountains to top up your water bottles but there are plenty of places to buy food and drink
- And for twenty euros for a kids’ day ticket – enjoy!
We found last year’s the Roland Garros Kids’ Day was a great family outing, well organised and very child-friendly. We will be back this year. And we can’t wait!
Roland Garros Stadium, 2 Avenue Gordon Bennett, 75016 Paris